Saturday 13 March 2010

INDIGO Developments.....

I progressed from the drawings by interpreting them into knit samples, experimenting with yarns and creating different textures. Unfortunately, due to the lack of 'colour' in my drawings, my approach to dyeing has been very limited, using a majority of natural yarns tones...




The samples above have been taken from the Crocodile drawing, I really like the idea of stretching very fine yarns, mainly linen and cotton, and manipulating them into shapes. These were knitted on the domestic machine, then pinned onto boards and starched. Obviously starching is not a particularly permanent fixing, however if I had more time after this project I would develop this into some sort of resin but for Indigo this should hold.



The hand crocheted samples above were actually based on my Paris metamorphosis studio dessin drawings of the disfigured faces, which I thought related quite well to this project.





The problem with the two samples shown above is that they are knitted in wool, which if used as a final sample, will have to be made in a form of cotton or silk for the spring/summer element.

No comments:

Post a Comment