Saturday 18 April 2009

Brixton Project

At the beginning of my Textile Design degree at Chelsea College of Art and Design we were asked to produce a page for a 'Rough Guide' of London that everybody in class would receive a copy of. We were told to represent some of the many aspects of Brixton life. Here are some snippets of the sketchbook I produced. Mainly these are all observational drawings, later added to along with materials collected and photographs....


A first hand 1 minute portrait along with some raffle slip I found

I really tried to capture the music in this drawing, again first hand whilst sitting on the side of the road near Brixton market and for a moment an elderly woman passed by with her trolley and just stopped to listen

Observing the textures of the worn door up close

Wig Shop, I really loved the use of mannequin heads on the outside of the shop

Threads on the market

Zips from the market

Fruit Stickers

Some unusual caribbean fruit/nuts

One thing that really intrigued me was the amount of fresh fish and meat stalls...


'Peek-a-boo', this happened by chance when taking a photo, something which I didn't even realise when I captured it

No comments:

Post a Comment