Monday 7 December 2009

Bonjour mes amis....

For the last 3 months since September, I have been studying at ENSAD in Paris! Or also known as Ecole Nationale Superieur des Arts Decoratif! My time here has been fantastic! I have met lots of new people who have been all amazing and so lovely to me! And I can only hope I have improved on my french by the time I return back to Chelsea...there was alot that needed to be improved upon!
I am definately not saying it was an easy ride either... if I am totally honest I would say it has been the hardest 3 months of my school life, where I have pushed and challenged myself to the highest degree....the most difficult 'truc' being the language and not being able to understand enough to fully aknowledge the projects or lectures (...however after talking with the other 6 french girls in my class aswell, it seems that they are none the wiser either which made myself feel a little better!) Ive been through tears and enough stress to last me a life time but it has definately been worth the experience! To learn a new way of thinking towards textiles that is so utterly different to that at home. It was fascinating but challenging to adapt myself to a opposite method of producing work.
Nonetheless I have enjoyed myself immensely. Paris has been stunning and I swear I am in love with the city (that usual clichy!) But honestly you can't not...its impossible! I look forward to returning in the future! Thats after I have made my way round the world haha! Next stop Berlin I think...

A Bîentot pour maintenant! Bises

...some pictures of my work will be coming soon so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment